About The Listing
Type of Trip : Cycling
Level : Medium
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Duration : 4 Days 3 Nights
Trip Start : Delhi
Trip End : Delhi
The Kangra Valley in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most picturesque places on earth. Offering commanding views of Dhauladhar range, undulating tea gardens, Kangra along with Bir valley are top places to explore on a mountain bike. Biking trip in Bir&Kangra will give you the chance to cycle across mountain ridges, through dense forests and quaint mountain hamlets. In addition to exploring the beautiful valley on cycle, the trip offers spectacular opportunity of paragliding in Bir Valley.
Day 01: Overnight travel from Delhi to Bir
Our Trip Starts from Delhi. You travel with fellow MTB enthusiasts overnight from Delhi to Bir by road in an air conditioned MPV or an SUV with us.
Day 02: Arrive at Bir, rest and head out for a short ride
Destination: Bir (40 KM)
Reach Bir village in the morning and check into a GuestHouse. After some rest, you head out for the first ride. This easy 35 – 40 km ride has mild uphill and downhill sections. You cross a mountain pass and ride along two valleys. You spend the afternoon and evening lazing around in a café enjoying some delicious food and conversation. Stay at Blue Umbrella or Nygma's guest house.
Day 03: Long ride traversing 2 ridges
Highlights: Hiking, Cycling
Today you will get a chance to ride a mix of broken tarmac sections and non technical single tracks. Some challenging climbs before you get to the single track section. Our team’s escort vehicle will accompany you all through the ride, so if you find it difficult to ride some sections, you have the comfort of escort vehicle for rest. Back from the ride, you can spend your time hiking with the team or exchanging travel stories with our crew and fellow cyclists. Be prepared, the team will push you complete your rides and trust us, you’ll feel absolutely incredible once you’re done. Stay at Blue Umbrella or Nygma's guest house.
Day 04: The Big JUMP – Paragliding
Highlights: Bir Paragliding
You head to Bir Paragliding grounds with your group for an exciting experience of tandem paragliding flight that covers a vertical distance of 1200 meters. After spending first half of the day paragliding, you head out for another cycling ride or can choose to spend the day lazing around in the village. At 8:00PM, the group drives overnight to Delhi, arriving in Delhi early morning. Trip ends.
- Paragliding cost: The cost includes one tandem flight per person. The flight is a vertical descent of 1200 meters , with a trained and certified pilot (optional expense) : ₹ 2,000
- Cycle rental in case you do not want to bring your own bike. Cycle rental will include bike, bike helmet, and transportation from Delhi.Bike rental for the tri. Bikes will be battle ready Scott, Trek, Giant, Merida or equivalent (optional expense): ₹ 3,200
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Bir village
- Transport from Delhi to Bir & back to Delhi.
- Breakfast on all days.
- Energy bars and during the ride.
- All road transfers mentioned in the trip energy drinks itinerary.
- Escort vehicle for the duration of the trip – the vehicle will be big enough to carry cycles and riders.
- Experienced trip leader– Chief Experience Officer accompanying the group.
- Any customizations/ changes to the tour itinerary
- Meals & Accommodation apart from what is included
- Personal expenses and insurance
- Any spare parts used for the bike will be charged on actual
- Alcoholic drinks/ aerated beverages/ bottled water
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances (landslides/ road blocks/ bad weather conditions etc.)
- Food, alcoholic beverages, tips, personal expenses (additional expenses)
Terms & Conditions
If you need to cancel your trip for any reason, we will understand and refund you as per the following slabs
- Full Refund: if cancelled 10 days before the trip or ifGoMissing cancels the trip due to inadequate sign ups.
- 60% Refund: if cancelled between 9 and 5 days.
- No Refund: if cancelled less than 5 days before the trip.
- After 25th December Cycling is possible but Paragliding is subject to whether condition.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
Some Do’s and Don’ts of Mountain Biking
- Downhill rides sound easy, but you can easily attain speeds of 50+ kmph on a downhill ride. Be extra careful as there will be a steep valley/ river on one side and a solid mountain of rock on the other and there may be fast moving jeeps and/ or other vehicles just around a blind turn.
- Absolutely DO NOT wear headphones while riding, you won’t be able to hear any approaching vehicles while riding. The wind whooshing by, the river, the forest and the birds anyways sounds way better than anything on a music player
- Train and prepare yourself for the trip. Join our training rides before the trip. Call us to find out more about them
- Carry energy bars/ dry fruit and share! And yes, we will carry a whole bunch of them, so every time you see the escort vehicle, stock up!
- Make sure you are adequately hydrated. Force yourself to drink a lot of water even if you don’t feel thirsty
- Do not remove jackets immediately after rides. Your body temperature will fluctuate drastically and it may lead to fever, uneasiness and other random totally avoidable stuff.
- Traveller Photograph
- Traveller ID proof
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…