About The Listing
Type of Trip : Cycling
Level : Medium
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Duration : 3 Days 2 Nights
Trip Start : Delhi
Trip End : Delhi
This offbeat mountain biking trip in Bir and Kangra will give you the chance to cycle across mountain ridges, through dense forests and quaint mountain hamlets. In addition to exploring the beautiful valley on cycle, the trip offers spectacular opportunity of paragliding in Bir Valley, a popular location for para gliders from around the world. This trip too will have a GoMissing Chief Experience Officer guiding the tour, a bike technician and an escort vehicle accompanying you, wherever you go.
Day 00: Overnight travel from Delhi to Bir.
You travel with fellow MTB enthusiasts overnight from Delhi to Bir by road in an air conditioned MPV or an SUV.
Day 01: Arrive at Bir, rest and head out for a short ride.
Reach Bir village in the morning and check in at a guest house. After some rest, you head out for the first ride. This easy 40-45 km acclimatization ride has mild uphill and downhill sections. You cross a mountain pass and ride along two valleys. You spend the afternoon and evening lazing around in a café enjoying some delicious food and conversation.
Day 02: Long ride traversing 2 ridges.
Today you will get a chance to ride a mix of broken tarmac sections and non-technical single tracks. The day 2 ride has some challenging climbs before you get to the single track section. GoMissing escort vehicle will accompany you all through the ride, so if you find it difficult to ride some sections, you have the comfort of escort vehicle for rest. Back from the ride, you can spend your time hiking with the team or exchanging travel stories with GoMissing crew and fellow cyclists.
Day 03: The Big JUMP – Paragliding.
You head to Bir Paragliding grounds with your group for an exciting experience of tandem paragliding flight that covers a vertical distance of 1200 meters. After spending first half of the day paragliding, you head out for another cycling ride or can choose to spend the day lazing around in the village. At 8:00pm, the group drives overnight to Delhi, arriving in Delhi early morning. Trip ends.
- Paragliding (per person).: ₹ 2,000
- Rented bikes for the trip. (Scott, Trek, Giant, Merida or equivalent bikes): ₹ 3,200
- Transport – All road transfers during the trip – Delhi to Delhi.
- Accommodation – twin sharing in guest houses for 3 nights.
- Breakfast on all days.
- Energy bars and energy drinks while cycling.
- Experienced trip leader– Chief Experience Officer accompanying the group.
- Escort vehicle for the duration of the trip – the vehicle will be big enough to carry cycles and riders.G
- Mountain bikes.
- Any customizations/changes to the tour itinerary.
- Meals & accommodation apart from what is included.
- Personal expenses and insurance.
- Any spare parts used for the bike will be charged on actual.
- Alcoholic drinks/ aerated beverages/ bottled water.
- Paragliding cost (optional and charged separately).
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances (landslides/ road blocks/ bad weather conditions etc).
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation 45 days prior to departure 100% refund. Cancellation 44 to 10 days prior to departure 60% refund. Cancellation less than 10 days prior to departure no refund.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
1. I have my own bike, can I bring it?
Yes, you can. GoMissing will carry it in their vehicle from Delhi.
Some Do’s and Don’ts of Mountain Biking:
- Downhill rides sound easy, but you can easily attain speeds of 50+ kmph on a downhill ride. Be extra careful as there will be a steep valley/ river on one side and a solid mountain of rock on the other and there may be fast moving jeeps and/ or other vehicles just around a blind turn.
- Absolutely DO NOT wear headphones while riding, you won’t be able to hear any approaching vehicles while riding. The wind whooshing by, the river, the forest and the birds anyways sounds way better than anything on a music player.
- Train and prepare yourself for the trip. Join our training rides before the trip. Call us to find out more about them.
- Carry energy bars/ dry fruit and share! And yes, we will carry a whole bunch of them, so every time you see the escort vehicle, stock up!
- Make sure you are adequately hydrated. Force yourself to drink a lot of water even if you don’t feel thirsty
- Do not remove jackets immediately after rides. Your body temperature will fluctuate drastically and it may lead to fever, uneasiness and other random totally avoidable stuff.
- Apart from the rides mentioned in the itinerary, there will be a number of opportunities to ride/ hike at all the places where we will be staying.
- After the trip, send us some love and share your pictures & videos!
P.S. If you think you are not fit or have some hesitation in joining the trip, we assure you that you won’t be left alone struggling on your mountain bike. Your group leader and most members of the group will be around you and will motivate you to complete the difficult sections. Talk to us and find out what kind of fitness is needed for the trip.
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…