About The Listing
Type of Trip : Trekking
Level : Medium
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Duration : 5 Days 4 Nights
Trip Start : Manali
Trip End : Manali
One of the most beautiful and popular treks in Himachal Pradesh, Hampta Pass Trek is great for all the fun loving (and fit) first timers. The trek will start from Manali and will take you through an amazing meadow and snowy trail. From vast grassland to raging rivers, high rock mountans to snowy patches, you will see it all. You also drive along Lahaul valley and hike to Chandratal Lake, which is one of the most beautiful and virgin lakes in India!
Day 01: Manali to Chika.
Pick up from Manali at around 10-11 am and drive to Jobra. Trek from Jobra to Chika. 2 hours easy ascent from 9,800 ft to 10,400 ft. Overnight camping at Chika.
Day 02: Chika to Balu Ka Ghera.
Trek from Chika to Balu Ka Ghera on second day. This is a green beautiful trek patch. It involves 4 hours of easy ascent. The total distance is 8 kms. Overnight camping will be at Balu Ka Ghera.
Day 03: Balu Ka Ghera to Sia Goru.
Trek from Balu Ka Ghera to Sia Goru crossing Hampta Pass. This will be a little tough and a relatively longer day. The total duration will be around 8-9 hours and distance covered will be around 14 kms. It involves easy to moderate steep ascents followed by a sharp descent. Overnight halt will be at Sia Goru.
Day 04: Sia Goru to Chandratal Lake.
This day, you’ll trek from Sia Goru to roadhead at Chatru in Lahaul. It is a 4-5 hours of trek. Once you reach the roadhead, you'll drive to Chandratal Lake. Proceed further till the road ends and then hike up to Chandratal Lake. It is one of the most beautiful and undisturbed lakes in India. Overnight stay near Chandratal Lake.
Day 05: Chandratal to Manali.
Early morning, you’ll start your return journey from Chandratal Lake to Manali via Batal, Chatru and Rohtang Pass. You’ll reach by 4-5 pm in the evening. Please note that sometimes due to landslides in the remote areas, the journey back may be slightly delayed. So, it’s advisable to make arrangements to stay at Manali overnight.
- Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- Meals while on trek (veg).
- Trek equipments (Sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent.
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek leader, guide and support staff.
- Transport from Manali to Manali.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Cost arising out of unseen circumstances.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation up to 30 days: 90% of trek/adventure program cost will be refund.
- Cancellation between 21 - 30 days: 60% of trek/adventure program cost will be refund.
- Cancellation between 20 - 11 days: 30% of trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 10 days: no refund.
- No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
1. No. of trek leaders / guide accompanying the group?
One trek leader, one guide, one cook & a minimum of 6 helpers that makes a total staff of around 9-10 professionally qualified / locals accompanying 15 to 20 trekkers.
2 .How trek leaders deal with emergency situations? Do we have stratures, oxygen cylinder at all times?
All trek leaders are qualified "Advance mountaineering course" from (NIM, HIM, & ABVIMAS) & trek leaders are certified in “wilderness first-aid" and are aware of high attitude problems, and they carry whole first-aid kit and necessary medicines with them in backpack & one mule and two helpers always stay with trek leader, To communicate with the team they use walky-talky. Oxygen cylinder remains with the trek leader who is always with the group.
3. Are Crampons provided during the trek?
Yes, they provide crampons whenever required.
4. Who will lead and who all will go along with us?
Our trek leaders has are professionals who have completed Basic and Advance mountaineering course and certified in first-aid course. The trek leader is accompanied by one local guide and supporting staff. Your trek leaders are vastly experienced in scaling various peaks across the country and so you will be in safe hands.
5. How difficult is the Hampta trek?
Hampta trek is moderate to difficult as much depends on snow level and weather conditions.
6. How cold does it really get on the Hampta trek?
In camps above 12,000 ft., you have to wear layers. During the day time temperature will be above 0 - 2 °C and during the night time 0 to -6 °C. Much depends on snow and weather conditions.
7. Is Diamox advisable?
No, diamox is not advisable. If you want to take it, please do so by consulting a doctor first.
8. I’m the only girl going on the trek. Is it going to be safe?
Yes, our first priority is to ensure a safe environment for all the trekkers regardless of your gender. We always try to break the ice in the group because they are the travel companions you will trek with. We shortlist the support staff for every trip carefully. One piece of advice we give to trekkers is to take good care of their personal belongings.
9. I can’t carry my bag can anyone else carry it for me?
Yes, but you should intimate 15 days in advance, so that we ca arrange the porter or mule accordingly.
10. What type of food is served during a trek?
We always serve vegetarian food during the trek.
11. How to get safe drinking water on the trek?
Himalayan water is naturally clean but we boil and use chlorine tablet water to be doubly sure.
12. Should I bring my personal medicine kit with me?
Yes, it is always advisable.
13. Our camping sites are different from other providers?
The answer is simple. We have chosen camping points around 1 km lower than others to avoid any excursion and we also believe that it is the best way avoid mountain sickness issues while at camps.
14. What if we cannot complete the trek?
Most of the trekkers complete Hampta Pass trek, including first-time trekkers. But, if you don’t it is nothing to be ashamed of. We keep safety and health as the top priority and do not push anyone beyond their limits. It may sound surprising, but at times even experienced trekkers fail to complete their expeditions!
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…