About The Listing
Type of Trip : Trekking
Level : Medium
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Duration : 3 Days 2 Nights
Trip Start : Manali
Trip End : Manali
This easy grade trek to Lamadug meadows above Manali is the perfect trek for beginners and first timers. During the trek, you will witness the snow covered Himalayan peaks in their full splendor. You will camp in a lush green meadow area and then attempt to scale a 4,000 meters high peak.
Day 01: Trek from Manali to Lama dug meadows.
The initial part of the trail goes through a dense Cedar forest. Further on, you will walk through a dense forest of Maple, Walnut and Chestnut. About halfway to camp 1, you will reach a beautiful meadow area from where you’ll get a gorgeous bird eye view of Manali. The climb after this point is again through dense forests. After this steep climb, you will come across a gentle climb through forests to reach your campsite in the Lama Dug meadows. This area is rich in Himalayan bird & wildlife and if you’re lucky, you might be able to spot a few birds and animals.
Starting altitude: 1,995 meters.
Meadows altitude: 2,950 meter.
Day 02: Lamadug meadows to Khanpari Tibba and back to Lamadug.
The first part of the hike is through a Rhododendron and Juniper bush forest which will take you above the tree line. You’ll traverse the mountain and reach the back side of the peak from where you’ll push for the summit. Your hard work will be rewarded by spectacular sights which will make sure that you get hooked on to trekking. After soaking in the views, you will hike downhill to the Lama dug campsite.
Khanpari tibba Altitude: 4,050 meters.
Day 03: From Lamadug back to Manali.
Enjoy the views of Lama dug meadows till lunch and then hike back downhill to Manali. Trip ends.
|Package Options||Cost/Person||EMI Option|
|Entry Closes On||22 May, 2015|
|Single entry||₹ 7,500||EMI starts* ₹ 666|
- Camping accommodation (2 nights).
- All meals.
- Snacks & tea/ coffee during the trek.
- Guide cum cook for the trek.
- Camping equipments.
- Helper for the duration of the trek.
- Pack animals to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Camping/ trekking permits.
- Road transfers as required for the trek.
- Meals & accommodation in Manali.
- Transportation to/ from Delhi/ Manali.
- Alcoholic & aerated beverages.
- Bottled water.
- Costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 10 days prior to departure 100% refund.
- Cancellation 9 to 5 days prior to departure 60% refund.
- Cancellation less than 5 days prior to departure no refund.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
1. What is the trek like? How difficult is it?
The Lamadug Trek is at an altitude of around 4,000 meters. It’s an easy trek and best for beginners.
2. What about rains and weather conditions?
Days are expected to be pleasant with bright sunshine, however, nights will be cold. There are chances of rain in this area, so be adequately prepared (Rain suit, poncho). Unexpected weather conditions and patterns. In case of any unexpected weather, we might need to turn back.
3. What kind of footwear do I need?
You will need good quality trekking shoes for this trek. Good trekking shoes are essential for the trek. They’ll keep your feet comfortable on an arduous terrain and will also prevent you from slipping.
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…