About The Listing
Type of Trip : Road Trips
Level : Medium
Location : Leh and Ladakh
Duration : 11 Days 10 Nights
Trip Start : Srinagar
Trip End : Manali
The scenic vistas and breathtaking beauty are not the only remuneration to accrue from a road trip to Leh. Besides the scenic vistas, you get to encounter incredibly friendly people and taste exotic cuisine. Not to speak of the pleasure of visiting quaint old monasteries and getting to see and understand the lives of Buddhist monks.
Day 01: Arrival at Srinagar.
On reaching Srinagar, check-in to the Luxury House Boat or Comrade Inn. After lunch you can explore beautiful Srinagar city. In the evening you can occupy yourself with a Shikara Ride at Dal Lake.
Day 02: Srinagar.
Toady you’ll drive to Gulmarg. The day is reserved for sightseeing.
Day 03: Srinagar- Sonamarg - Kargil.
On day three you will drive from Srinagar to Kargil. En-route visit: Sonmarg, Drass (The second coldest inhibited place in the world) & Kargil War Memorial. Overnight stay is scheduled at Horizon Ladakh Camp or Hotel Greenland.
Day 04: Kargil – Lamayuru – Alchi - Leh.
After breakfast you’ll drive from Kargil to Leh. En-route you’ll visit the monastery of Mulbekh & Lamayuru & Moonland scape, Namkila & Fatula Passes, Indus Confluence, Magnetic Hill and Gurdwara Patthar Sahib before reaching Leh. Overnight stay will be at Ladakh Sarai or Zen Hotel.
Day 05: Leh.
Day is reserved for sightseeing and exploring Leh town. The day includes visits to Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace, Hall of Fame, Sindhu Ghat & Leh Market in the evening.
Day 06: Leh to Nubra.
Day 07: Nubra to Leh.
Today you’ll explore Nubra Valley. After sightseeing you’ll drive back to Leh (135km / 5 hrs). En-route you’ll visit Diskit & Hunder Villages and monasteries. You’ll also get a feel of the life style of people living at the northernmost region of India.
Day 08: Rafting in Leh.
After days of exploring scenic beauty of Ladakh, today you can indulge in rafting. The white water Indus has rapids generally of I and II grades and at some places, has grade III to even V rapids.
Day 09: Leh to Pangong Lake.
Today you will drive to Pangong Lake (170 Km). Here you will cross Third Highest Motorable pass which is known as Chang La Pass, at 17,586 feet. En-route you’ll visit Shey, Thiksey Monasteries and Sindhu Ghat. Overnight stay is scheduled at Hotel Wonderland Camp or Natures Nest Camp.
Day 10: Pangong Lake to Leh.
After breakfast you’ll drive back from Pangong Lake. En route take a short halt at Changla Pass to enjoy a cup of hot steaming tea, later visit Hemis Monastery. Afternoon is reserved for Leh market to collect souvenir for your loved ones.
Day 11: Depart from Leh.
This amazing tour comes to an end. After breakfast you will depart from Leh.
- River rafting per person: ₹ 2,577
- Self drive vehicle (Xylo/Jeep/Scorpio per day): ₹ 3,608
- Air ticket Leh - Delhi: ₹ 10,309
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis as per packages selected.
- Breakfast and dinner.
- To & fro airport transfers along with assistance at Arrival in Leh.
- All Transport by Non AC SUV /Tempo Traveler / Maxi Cab, with expert driver.
- Local guide.
- Inner line permit & environment fees.
- Professional tour manager overseeing the entire tour.
- Traditional welcome in Ladakh.
- Any airfare & train ticket.
- Medical insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Optional tour.
- Extra meals ordered.
- Monument entrance fee and camel safari charges.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 30 days prior to departure: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- Cancellation 21-30 days prior to departure: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- Cancellation 14-21 days prior to departure: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to departure: no refund.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
1. Do we get High Altitude Sickness in Ladakh? What are the symptoms and how we get acclimatize?
On roadtrips to Leh and Ladakh, body get enough time to acclimatize because of gradual ascend. However, Acute Mountain Sickness or AMS can strike anyone. The most common symptoms of AMS are lack of sleep, loss of appetite, dizziness, irregular breathing, etc. It is highly recommended to consult your doctor and take preventive medicines before embarking on this journey.
2. What are the medicines one should carry?
We would recommend you to consult your general physician on this.
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…