About The Listing
Type of Trip : Trekking
Level : Easy
Location : Uttarakhand
Duration : 3 Days 2 Nights
Trip Start : Dehradun
Trip End : Dehradun
The Nag Tibba trek is a perfect weekend getaway with a climb through the forests to 3000 meters, surrounded by lofty Himalayas and camping under the astoundingly beautiful starry skies. The 10 km trek starts from Pantwari and takes you through forests of Oak and Rhododendron to the Nag Tibba Summit, which offers a breath-taking view of the Bandar poonch Peak, the Gangotri group of peaks, Kedarnath peak in the north, Doon valley and the snow peaks of Chanabang Himalayas.
- The highest peak in the Garhwali Himalayas is an easy grade trek.
- Trekking through mountainous forests rich in flora and fauna.
Day 01: Early morning drive to Pantwari, followed by the trek to Nag Tibba Base.
Early morning you’ll drive to Pantwari from where the trek starts. The trail is a gradual incline and goes through a dense mountainous forest. This route provides stunning views of Himalayan peaks and the Doon valley.
Drive time: around 3.5 hours.
Pantwari altitude: 1,400 m.
Base Camp altitude: 2,222 m.
Day 02: Nag Tibba Base to Nag Tibba top and back.
The next morning you’ll start early to climb to the Nag Tibba top which is around 4.5 km trek from the base camp. The trail to the top will be steeper than yesterday’s trek. The top provides magnificent views of Himalayan peaks all around. After soaking in the beauty and taking lots of pictures you'll head back to the base. Overnight is scheduled at the Nag Tibba Base.
Nag Tibba top altitude: 3,000 m.
Day 03: Nag Tibba Base to Pantwari.
The last day of the trip, as you descend to Pantwari village from where you will head back to Dehradun. Trip Ends!
- All road transfers during the trip.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- All meals.
- Snacks & tea/ coffee during the trek
- Guide cum cook for the trek.
- Camping equipment.
- Pack animals to carry luggage during the trek.
- Camping/ trekking permits.
- Meals & accommodation before & after the trek.
- Transportation to/from Dehradun.
- Alcoholic/ aerated beverages/ bottled water.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 10 days prior to departure 100% refund.
- Cancellation 9 to 5 days prior to departure 60% refund.
- Cancellation less than 5 days prior to departure no refund.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
1. What is the trek like? How difficult is it?
The Nag Tibba trek is at an altitude of around 3,000 meters (9,854 ft). It’s an easy trek and best for beginners.
2. What is the stay like?
During the trek, you will stay in camping tents. Gomissing will provide tents, sleeping bags and trekking mattresses during the trek.
3. What kind of clothes and footwear do I need?
You will need good quality trekking shoes for this trek. Quechua and other brands are available at several adventure sports’ retail stores in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and other metros. Good trekking shoes are essential for the trek. They’ll keep your feet comfortable on an arduous terrain and will also prevent you from slipping. Other essentials – a heavy jacket and a rain suit.
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…