About The Listing
Type of Trip : Cultural Tour
Level : Easy
Location : Sikkim and Darjeling
Duration : 7 Days 6 Nights
Trip Start : New Jalpaiguri/Bagdogra Airport
Trip End : New Jalpaiguri/Bagdogra Airport
A trip to North-east will take you to new heights. Captivating landscape and picturesque wildlife will enrich you. The caves and romantic rivers will prove a perfect combination for your dream trip. The highpoint of this tour will be a visit to Gurudongmar. This high altitude lake close to Tibet boarder in North Sikkim. It is the land of Yaks, blue ships and other high altitude animals of Sikkim and Tibet.
Day 01: Njp/Bagdogra to Icchey Gaon
Destination: Icchey Gaon (91 KM)
Upon arrival, meet our representative and drive to Icchey Gaon via Kalimpong. Reach Icchey Gaon. Have a peaceful nature walk in Pine Forest. Overnight stay will be at the homestay at Icchey Gaon.
Day 02: Icchey Gaon
Highlights: Neora Valley National Park, Pedong, Rikisum
Destination: Icchey Gaon
Icchey Gaon near Kalingpong is lovely village surrounded by dense forest. This marvelous hill top offers a spectacular view of Mount Kanchanjangha. Ichhegaon, which means top in the local Lapcha language is the topmost point of this area. You'll start your day with visit to viewpoint called Rikisum, which you will pass on the way from Algarah to Lava. After this you'll leave for Neora Valley National Park which is 10 km away from Lava. Leisure tourists can walk a little inside of the forest to enjoy the beauty of Akar Tsange Water Falls. The park’s natural habitat is a home to the adorable red panda, the clouded leopard and the musk deer. Now its time for Pedong is a small sleepy village here you'll visit an old fort, heritage sites and several lovely view points in surrounding areas. As the day progresses you'll come back to your homestay have dinner and retire to bed.
Day 03: Icchey Gaon to Phademchen
Destination: Padamchen (54 KM)
After breakfast proceed to Padamchen, a small village on the slopes of the Himalayan foothills surrounded by a pine forests swarming with birds. On the way sightseeing of Pedong and Reshikhola. Evening at leisure. Overnight stay in Padamchen.
Day 04: Phademchen
Early morning sunrise trip to Thambi View point and continue sightseeing at Zuluk, Zig Zag road, Lungthung and reach Nathang. Sightseeing at Old Baba Mandir, Kupup Lake, New Baba Mandir, Menmecho Lake Tukla Valley, Jelepla Pass, Yak Golf Course, Ice Hockey Field. By evening drive back to Padamchen and reach by evening. Overnight stay will be at Padamchen.
Day 05: Phademchen to Gangtok
Destination: Gangtok (40 KM)
After breakfast you'll leave for Gangtok, enroute you'll Tshangu Lake oval shaped sacred lake visit Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir. Reach Gangtok by the evening and chek into the hotel.Evening is free to stroll in the market area. Overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day 06: Gangtok Sightseeing
After breakfast at the hotel. Visit Rumtek monastery / Dharma Chakra Center (24 kms/1 hr) Kagyu order of Tibetan Buddhism / official seat in exile to HH Karmapa. Drive to Banjhakri eco-park (30 minutes from town) visit Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (museum with collections or antique and rare Buddhism related items) Do Drul Chorten. Ropeway at Hur-huray dara. Back to hotel for lunch. After lunch, visit Enchay Monestry / Flower show / Hanuman Tok / Ganesh tok / Tashi View Point (to see Mt.Khangchendzonga and other peaks) / Bakthang water falls. Vehicle will drop you at the market / hotel. Free & leisure time to stroll in the market.
Day 07: Gangtok to Njp/Bagdogra
Destination: Njp/Bagdogra (120 KM)
Breakfast at hotel and checkout. Drive to NJP / Bagdogra.
|Package Options||Cost/Person||EMI Option|
||₹ 16,250||EMI starts* ₹ 1,444|
||₹ 19,174||EMI starts* ₹ 1,704|
||₹ 27,945||EMI starts* ₹ 2,483|
||₹ 26,493||EMI starts* ₹ 2,354|
||₹ 29,416||EMI starts* ₹ 2,614|
||₹ 38,187||EMI starts* ₹ 3,393|
||₹ 30,684||EMI starts* ₹ 2,726|
||₹ 34,037||EMI starts* ₹ 3,024|
||₹ 44,095||EMI starts* ₹ 3,918|
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per the package selected
- Meals: breakfast & dinner
- To & fro transfers along with assistance at arrival
- All transport by private vehicle with expert driver
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per the package selected
- All sightseeing as per itinerary
- Rumtek Monastery at Gangtok will be done with extra cost which will be directly payable on the spot.
- Nathula pass permit costs of Rs. 3000 - 5000 each vehicle is extra subject to availability of Government passes.
- Air fare/train fare.
- Guide or escort charges & Monuments entrance fees during sightseeing
- Camera charges / jeep safari / camel safari / elephant ride charges.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips & gratuity, mineral water, telephone calls, laundry, soft & hard drink, insurance etc.
- Additional adventurous activities like rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, cable car, yak ride, toy train ride, helicopter ride etc.
- Any other item not specified in the package inclusions.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees & camera charges, guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client and is directly payable on the spot).
- Room heater charges. Anything not specified in the inclusion.
- Normal Vehicle at Gangtok are not authorized to enter city areas so will pick up and drop at the taxi stand so client will have to hire local taxis to and fro from the hotel and to be borne by the client and is directly payable on the spot.
Terms & Conditions
Silver category for this trip is suited for those who have a low travel budget and plan to spend as less as possible on hotels and transport. The hotel/rooms will have all the essentials like a Bed, Table, Attached toilets and running water, Restaurant with room service etc. However, guests looking for a luxurious travel should consider our Gold or Platinum category trips.
Rs.5,000/- to be paid at the time of booking.
Remaining amount to be paid, 30 days prior to trip start date. Failing so trip will be considered cancelled and cancellation charges will be applicable as per policy.
No retention charges if cancelled more than 30 days prior to trip start date.
Cancellation 16 - 29 days prior to trip start date 75% return.
Cancellation less than or equal to 15 days prior to trip start date no return.
Tips, Hints, Precautions
WeNomads is going to publish a series of articles and blogs to help guests understand more about this trip and help them in getting prepared.
- Traveller Photograph
- Traveller ID proof
- Why WeNomads!!
- 100% Cancellation Refund
- 24x7 Personalized Support
- Guaranteed Best Price
- and 10 other reasons…